My road to running, and running down the road of distance running.

(Re-)Learning How To Run

| Friday, November 14, 2008
Today was my first run after taking the majority of the week off to rest up my knee due to Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome, aka Runner's Knee.

It was meant to be a relatively quick jog at an easy pace, but it turned into a faster job than anticipated. It was pretty much at my medium pace over 5 kms. I guess I was just too excited about running after the injury.

I've also been reading The Pose Method book which promotes some common-sense approaches to running but describes them in a way that makes it easy to practice. I had quickly skimmed through the book and went through the basic drills so I was eager to try the method out.

Anyway, it was a good run and the Pose Method seemed to be fairly effective. I used muscles to run using the Pose Method that I wouldn't have typically used so the run was a different experience altogether.

The plan now is to

No comments: