My road to running, and running down the road of distance running.

Shut up and run, already.

| Sunday, December 28, 2008
Okay, so I quit all the whining and just "got 'er done" as m0mmymel indicated I should.

So as all of the 2 followers of this blog would know, I'm about to hit 400 miles for the year, and today it got done.

I didn't make it easy on myself, despite that absolutely gorgeous running weather (16 degrees Celsius) and zero wind.

Note to self: DON'T have dim sum as a pre-race meal.

Really, I didn't mean for it to happen that way...it just happened to be where we had lunch.

So yeah, dim sum for some reason is slow to digest for me. At about mile 1.5, I had digestive cramps and side stitches that seemed to progress up my GI tract. I think I slowed to a walk about 3 times to ease the discomfort.

Then with about 1/4 mile to go on my 4-mile run, I heard the song, "Desire" by U2. The song has got a very strong and complex beat which pumped me up a bit, not to mention the very appropriate song title as I hit mile 400. I was sure to make my very last 1/4 mile a strong finish for the milestone and sprinted as much as I could.

So, milestone accomplished. No fanfare except for the 2 people who follow my blog and myself. Just a simple pat on the back from myself with sense that I accomplished a lot for the year. And at a minimum, 500 miles for next year.

1 comment:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Yay, congrats on your milestone!