My road to running, and running down the road of distance running.

Recovery Day 3 - Body Part Inventory revisited

| Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Today is Day 3 from recovering from an HM and everything is feeling better. The quads are still a wee bit sore, the one blister I did get is healed, and today is the first day without an ankle wrap.

Since I don't have an ankle wrap, obviously I'm not experiencing any ankle pain today, which means whatever pain I was feeling wasn't necessarily skeletal in nature (of course, i'm not a doctor, so it's a non-professional, solely empirical assessment), but more than likely just a lot beating on my ankle. I'm going to guess that I had some breakdown in my running form that caused me to land on my left leg differently and result in the ankle pain. Who knows.

So yeah, physically everything is recovering nicely. I just have to recover from this cold now. Yay.

I'm hoping by the end of the week, possibly Saturday, I can enjoy the balmy weather and do a jog for a mile and see if all body parts are okay and haven't fallen off.

I still haven't figured out my 2009 goals yet. I guess I should try and plan that out. I know there are some 5K's happening at the end of the year...I *might* partake in one of them just to do them...definitely not going to push myself too hard during those events.

Back to work!

No comments: