My road to running, and running down the road of distance running.

One of those days

| Wednesday, December 3, 2008
4:45 am and I have to run 6 miles?

It was one of those mornings when you think too much about how many miles you have to cover and it becomes a more daunting task the more you think about it. But it's running. I've run 6 miles before without problems. It's just a matter of getting through it when you're mind isn't into it.

I made it even more difficult on myself with the route I chose to take. I didn't feel like wandering too far away from the house so I ran a 2-mile loop near my house 3 times over. Running the same loop was the most boring thing I could do but at least I was in a consistently lit area. My normal 6 mile route would have been the route I use for my long runs which is a desolate boring run and I don't know how well lit it is.

The one good thing about this morning was that it was comfortable enough where I didn't have to wear running tights. It was short-sleeve shirt and shorts weather...in December! AWESOME! :) I know it's going to be short-lived though...the forecast indicates my Friday run is going to be chilly again, but at least it's not 6 miles.

I passed a milestone this morning with the 6-mile run. I have officially completed 1 mile per day for the entire year. I'm currently at 366 miles completed. It wasn't really a goal that I had set out to do at the beginning of the year, but by the time September rolled around, and with the mileage that I was piling on with my half-marathon training, I knew it was an achievable goal but it was going to be pretty close.

So I'm going to celebrate by...taking a day off.

No comments: