My road to running, and running down the road of distance running.

A cold 2 miler

| Tuesday, December 2, 2008
This morning it was pretty darn cold...even for Dallas!

Anyway, what was supposed to be a run with an "easy" pace, I just wanted to PUSH PUSH PUSH. I was probably going at about a 9:30 pace at the half-way point, so I wanted to see if I could do a negative split so I pushed the pace even more in the last mile.

Even though Nike+ doesn't keep track of 2 mile paces, it was by far my fastest 2 mile at 17:39.

Another milestone I'm about to hit, and that I should hit tomorrow with my 6 mile run, is that I'll have averaged over a mile a day for the entire year. I'm currently at 359.84 miles. I had just missed out on hitting my November mileage goal of 70 miles, but I only logged 69.8 miles on the Nike+ website. Arghh.

But ultimately, the Nike+ goals and the a mile a day goal are not my ultimate destination. The half-marathon two weeks from now will be the goal for this year.

2 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i'd say you still hit Nov's mileage! You were 0.2 off!! That's awesome. Looking forward to hearing about 2009 goals, after your 1/2! It's getting closer!

So when you say "cold" for Dallas, is that coming from someone who has lived in Toronto, or someone who is much further south? LOL

hecubus said...

Yeah, I know! It's less than 2 weeks away and I'm getting quite antsy. I'm wishing it was here already!

I think I've been living here too long. I guess it's "cold" in that it's 5 degrees Celsius or less, which is my threshold for putting on running pants when I do my runs.

By Toronto standards, it's probably not all that cold for December. :) I do have to say that being able to run in shorts at 5am in December is pretty awesome! ;)